THE PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THE UNIVERSITY BUDGET OFFICE ARE:
- To assist the President in developing, implementing, and monitoring the University’s annual operating budget. The office assists in implementing budgetary decisions.
- To support the University strategic planning and budget process through participation in deliberations of committees and presentation of essential institutional data and preparation of various analyses and reports.
- To support the University’s highest priorities by identifying, projecting, allocating, and managing the central resources available for operating and capital expenditures.
- To employ sound budget projection and allocation practices; make reasonable resource allocation recommendations; and provide financial planning that assists administration decision-making and strategic planning process.
- To work with University academic and administrative units to guide the annual budgetary process, embrace efforts of process simplification, create an open budget environment, and develop innovative solutions.
- To provide high-quality service that anticipates needs, provides appropriate guidance, and produces accurate and timely information while maintaining a courteous and professional attitude.
The Budget Office mission is to develop and maintain the budget of the University, and to analyze and project budget information in order to provide decision support for administration as well as State agencies, the Board of Regents, and the Utah Tech community.
The Budget Office supports Utah Tech University administration and its strategic planning processes by providing objective, accurate and timely information, analysis and advice for the decision-making and resource allocation process. The Budget Office is also responsible for coordinating all aspects of the development, allocation, processing and monitoring of the University’s annual budget.
To transfer expense between two index codes, please contact Business Services at business_svs@
To transfer money/budget between two index codes, contact Bryant Flake at bryant.flake@ or use the Transfer Funds menu using your Digital ID to login.